Saturday, November 27, 2004

THIS IS MY REPLY TO TARGET'S RESPONSE

"Dear Ms. Hansen;

"Your form-letter reply did not address the issues I raised in my letter.
Your response to me, and to the Salvation Army, is simply public relations.

"As a former head of charities similar to the Salvation Army, I understand very well that your giving the Salvation Army a year to replace the $6 million in funds they will lose by being banned from Target, gave them an impossible task. It cannot be done.

"My own long experience in the difficulties of fundraising also leads me to expect that their going through the application process you recommended to them instead would result, at best, in gaining back only a small fraction of what they will lose.

"If Target were truly concerned about the poor they serve, Target would have at least presented them with a check for the $6 million they will lose, for starters, when Target gave them the bad news.

"Unless Target changes its policy in the next few days, welcoming them back, and in plenty of time for them to recoup their losses, I will permanently cease shopping with you. And I will also do my best to persuade others to do the same.

"Sincerely,
(Rev.) Gerry Phelps"

Dear readers - time is short. If you want to help, it should be done quickly! You can write Target here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home