Tuesday, August 09, 2005

A REAL HOT SHOT

Today I was being my usual workaholic self. While still in bed, I was inspired about something to write for my blog. Without eating, coffee, washing, dressing or anything, I got on my computer and started typing. And typed until I finished, a few minutes ago. (I will post it on the blog later today.)

As soon as I finished typing, I realized that I was in my nightie, unwashed and unfed. Undrunk even, without having drunk my morning coffee. And so much, so much to do and so far behind on everything.

So I became the most efficient whirlwind my years permitted. Multi-tasking, planning, organizing, working against the clock, I zipped into the kitchen, started a 3-minute egg, water for coffee, etc. When the egg-water started boiling, I set the timer at 3 minutes for a soft-boiled egg and took the timer with me as I ran off to weigh, interrupting myself twice to write “eggs” on the grocery list, and then to get my glasses so I could see my weight.

The timer rang, I ran into the kitchen, grabbed the egg-pot, poured the boiling water off the egg into the sink, and – there was no egg in the pot! I forgot to put it in. So – looks like I’m a real hot shot. One of those rare ones who really have it all together!

And why am I writing you all this? Full disclosure. People have a right to know with whom they are dealing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home